Implant without surgery is a new simple technique for implant placement which is easier than the conventional method. However, it requires excellent mastery and perfect pre-implant preparation (X-ray and prosthetic implant project). These are a must that we find at Chahd dental clinic, this procedure is practiced by the highly competent dentists, Dr Khiter Taha and Dr Rouabah Hadia.
What are the features of implant without surgery?
Implant without surgery is a brand-new surgical procedure that does not require the incision of the mucosa (covering the bone) to place the implant. It avoids the spreading of a muco-periosteal flap (a superficial mucosal and bony strip) phase, which explains the name “flapless” technique. It is done in one session and favors the immediate loading of the implant. This advanced technique is performed at the Chahd Dental Clinic by Dr. Khiter Taha and Dr. Rouabah Hadia, both of whom are highly qualified and have received extensive experience and training abroad.
It is also possible to combine CAI (computer-assisted implantology), the optical impression and a CAD/CAM system to further optimize the implant without surgery.
What are the benefits of the “Flapless” technique?
- The flapless technique is done in one session at Chahd Dental Clinic. It drastically decreases the surgical time compared to the conventional method.
- Flapless technique increases the chances of immediate loading and function of the implant by placing the prosthetic crown within the same day. The crown can be either permanent or temporary until the permanent prosthesis is placed.
- One of the most important features of the flapless technique is that it can heal the wound much faster than the conventional method. With no incision and no sutures, the mucosa and the bone (whose vascular supply comes largely from the periosteum, which is preserved with the removal of the mucoperiosteal detachment) recover in a short period of time, offering the patient more comfort.
- A significant decrease in post-surgical effects such as edema, inflammation, dehiscence of the flap, etc.
- The flapless technique reduces bleeding, which makes it more suitable for patients with a high risk of bleeding, it also allows them to maintain their medication (such as anticoagulants).
- An important decrease in the risk of infection since there is no wound or mucosal margin that can reopen and no sutures.
- Excellent osseointegration for better retention and stability of the implant.
- A very impressive cosmetic result with the surrounding mucosa preserving its features such as the structure of the papillary gum (the gum between the teeth).
- The procedure is not painful or uncomfortable for the patient.
How is the flapless technique performed?
The flapless technique follows the same conventional procedure by replacing the suture step with less invasive access to the implant sites, such as the punch technique, which consists of making very small diameter perforations in the mucosa that create access to the drilling tools (to prepare the implant site in the bone).
Access to the bone site is quite small and the bone must be prepared to receive the implant, at Chahd Dental Clinic, practitioners use high-performance devices that guides the practitioner during the drilling procedure, which results in a good bone site preparation.
This technique lasts a few minutes to make the patient comfortable.
A thorough clinical examination is required before the implant placement along with a meticulous preparation of the implant’s future location. At Chahd Dental Clinic, Dr. Khiter Taha and Dr. Rouabah Hadia conduct a perfect primary study and effectively perform the flapless technique. The excellent results obtained are proof of their expertise and their perfect mastery of this discipline.
L’implantologie sans chirurgie ou la technique flapless est une procédure avant-gardiste qui tente de faciliter la mise en place de l’implant répondant ainsi aux réclamations des patients qui trouvaient que les techniques conventionnelles étaient lentes et fatigantes. It is therefore to offer maximum well-being to patients that the Chahd dental clinic has opted for this established, much lighter method with exceptional results.