Dental implantology is a discipline that aims at replacing a missing tooth with a prosthetic device called “the implant “. The dental implant consists of a screw (composed of 3 elements: the implant neck, the abutment and the fixture), an anchor and a prosthetic crown. It has a number of characteristics that offer a multitude of options to the practitioner and the patient. There are also the biomaterials that make up each part of the implant which must have excellent biocompatibility with the surrounding tissues (zirconia and titanium mostly), the length of the implant, the diameter, the type of connection (external or internal) and state of the surface…
How is a Dental Implant placed?
The implant is inserted into the alveolar bone like a natural tooth root. The placement of the implant requires a thorough clinical examination of the patient, dental impressions and X-ray examinations. Dr. Taha Khiter or Dr. Rouabah Hadia will then choose the appropriate treatment plan for the patient (including the type of implant and the surgical and prosthetic plan).
The surgical procedure consists of making an incision and lifting a mucoperiosteal flap, then preparing the future implant socket by sequential drilling and eventually placing the implant in the socket in a way that the implant neck is on the same level as the gum surrounding it. After that, the healing abutment will be screwed to the implant neck and the gingival flap will be tightly stitched around the implant neck.
The next step is the immediate loading of the implant, which means the crown placement. This procedure can be performed either 48 hours after the implant placement (immediate loading) or 6 months later, according to the Swedish method, in order to obtain an excellent osseointegration without any occlusal force (delayed loading). Osseointegration is an essential condition that determines the success of the implant procedure. It reinforces the bone to the surface of the implant; this will ensure the retention and stability of the implant and offer a better resistance to the occlusal forces that the implant will undergo (during mastication/phonation/swallowing…).
Modern innovations in implant design and improved implant techniques, including the most innovative ones used in Chahd Dental Clinic, have made it possible to perform the loading of the implant the same day it is placed. In this case, a temporary prosthesis will be used prior to being replaced by a permanent crown.
In order to load the implant, the practitioner should take a new dental impression that will measure the situation of the implant and its different angles in order to design the crown. When the crown is ready, it will be placed on the implant at the same level as the abutment. The crown can be made of ceramic or zirconia.
Dr. Taha Khiter and Dr. Rouabah Hadia at Chahd Dental Clinic use a new and innovative process to place an implant without surgery, i.e. without a flap, through a highly advanced implantology device. Their expertise in the field of dental implantology allows them to carry out this technique with perfect mastery and exceptional results.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- The implant substitutes the functions of the natural tooth and supports the occlusal loads. It preserves the residual alveolar bone (which needs stimulation from occlusal forces in order to maintain its volume) but it also guarantees an equal distribution of occlusal pressure on all teeth, which prevents occlusal trauma and temporomandibular joint pathologies, thereby protecting the ecosystem of the manducatory apparatus.
- The aesthetic result of the implant through the crown offers an excellent natural look to the teeth.
- The resilience of the implant over time is remarkable, particularly due to the surgical procedure that is perfectly carried out by Dr. Taha Khiter and Dr. Rouabah Hadia.
- The implant also preserves the aesthetics of the face by limiting the negative impact of toothlessness.
- Implants restore the operational state of the lost tooth (mastication, phonation, etc.).
- Implants restore a physiological static occlusion with normal intra- and inter-arch relationships.
Implantology and Chahd Dental Clinic:
Dr. Taha Khiter and Dr. Rouabah Hadia are highly qualified; they have received training abroad in implantology, particularly in Germany and South Korea . They have a perfect command of the implant surgical procedure, offering their patients a professional work with perfect results.